Sunday, August 05, 2012

Event Reviews (Part 2)

It's Girls' Generation's fifth anniv already. I really can't concentrate much due to this. Go on guys! Rush to twitter and tweet about it. I just washed my hands after drawing the number five using my toothpaste. Gosh, I wasted a lot of toothpaste. Moving on, I'm going to complete my recaps for last week's events because there'll be another event tomorrow. See you all at Donday!

Hallyu Fest (continuation):
There were 12 finalists who danced to various K-pop songs. They were all very impressive. I wasn't that interested though 'cause no one covered So Nyuh Shi Dae. The group that amused me a lot was the one composed of three boys who danced to Sistar's songs. They were able to dance a girl's dance well. Most groups did Exo and Suju covers. The crowd was a bit rowdy and had to be reminded to quiet down from time to time. I guess it was expected though- Boyfriend was present. I glanced at the members of Boyfriend from time to time. They really look a bit like mannequins (in a good way). I wasn't a fan but I glanced in their direction from time to time 'cause they were the first K-pop group I saw in the flesh! Anyway, there was a koreanovela cosplay which was very cute and fun to watch. The kids won. Raffles were held during intermission. Boyfriend performed. (I apologize for simply enumerating the events, I am super sleepy already)

Kfest 3:
Kfest was k-pop merchandise heaven. You could find almost all kinds of K-pop stuff there. From shirts, albums, magazines, keychains to hats, posters, dolls and many more. Too bad I wasn't able to find what I have been looking for though. I wanted to find a 'The Boys' Jap Re:pack bagtag since I lost the one I bought during 3G. I really felt bothered when I lost that bagtag. It was an unexplainable feeling. I felt bare and uneasy without the bagtag. I got so used to it being beside my bag all the time that I no longer felt complete without it. I really wanted to find one during kfest. However, I think it was no longer available and the place was too packed that I could no longer move around. Aside from that, the posters I claimed were in danger of being crushed so I just sat and watched the activities. There was a cosplay competition which was rather enjoyable and somehow entertaining. I'm a bit sad for the lack of SNSD cosplayers. The performances were fine. I wished I could have joined some of the games though. There was also a noraebang and a hanbok dress-up thing. My mistake was that I drank too much water which resulted to me peeing numerous times. Due to my bladder problem, I missed the only (I think) SNSD cover performance. It made me unhappy and caused me to go home. The main point of my attendance though was for me to claim some of the stuff I've bought. I had five meet-ups scheduled on that date. I claimed five starcards, 3 magazines ft. snsd, The Boys, Papparazzi, Baby Baby and Gee. I was happy with all the merchandise I bought. I also managed to purchase Yoona and Jessica Goobne posters and Vita500 laminated posters. The event was fine. I suggest they rent out a bigger space in the future though. I almost forgot to mention the Soshi shrine. It's every SONE's dream to own that much Soshi stuff. It was a feast for SONEs eyes. Hope to attend kfest 4 next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment