Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Event Reviews (Part 1)

Kpop Star 2012

It was a relatively lively and entertaining event. I liked it because the crowd was controlled and not that rowdy. I felt really comfortable with the venue and the performances were good as well. The event started with introductions of the judges and a few words from the director. Then the eleven finalists performed a ballad of their choice. I was happy 'cause one of them performed Taeyeon's 'If'. After their ballads was an intermission where a Korean traditional instrument was played with piano accompaniment. Later, a k-pop dance medley was performed. After the intermission, the finalists performed another k-pop song. Among the finalists, there was one who performed Genie, one who performed Into The New World, and one who performed Twinkle. I was mighty glad that there were many who opted to choose SNSD songs, but can't help but feel that they didn't do much justice to it. Nonetheless, I enjoyed their performances immensely. Also, I was so happy that I was able to see Yoona and Taeyeon standees in the venue. Taeyeon was beside me. :)) I actually moved to the back to get a glimpse of the standees. The event was a successful one and I was very lucky to have gotten a VIP ticket for the Hallyu Fest.





Hallyu Fest:

I felt the adrenaline rush during this specific event. To be honest, I really didn't care about Boyfriend (I didn't mean that in a harsh way). I just wanted to watch what the event has to offer and it's free. You could already feel the rush while outside waiting in line. The people kept on screaming every time they felt that Boyfriend was going to come out. It was certainly an ear-deafening experience. A lot of people were lined up outside the fire exit hoping to get a glimpse of Boyfriend. When we were finally allowed to enter, a lot of fans waiting behind the metal railings were complaining why they didn't get tickets. Others were upset, some felt disappointed. I just went in quietly and found a seat. The theater was packed on the elevated area, but a lot of seats were vacant on the area in front of the stage.

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment